The spices, baby bits of quinoa, beans and chunky sweet potatoes will slowly meld together and turn into the most spectacular chili EVER.
One thing to mention is that it might seem at little thin or liquidy at first, but as it cooks the quinoa will also cook, absorbing a lot of that liquid and helping the whole thing get nice and thick.
- 3 cups diced sweet potato (about 1 large)
- 1 cup diced red onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (about 1 large)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can organic black beans
- 1 (28 oz) can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 – 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (more or less to taste)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into a crock pot (starting with just 3 cups of broth). Turn on high and cook for 4 hours, turn down to low and continue to cook until ready to serve. If too thick, stir in another ½ – 1 cup of water.
- Serve with diced avocado (or guac) and tortilla chips. It’s such a good combo!
For those looking to make this in a dutch oven, cut the liquid in half and cook it at 300ºF for two hours