These muffins take just minutes to put together and 25 minutes to bake. Probably takes less time & effort to bake a batch then it would to get dressed and head out to a bakery and buy a few. How’s that for keeping it simple.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- You could use 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour without any whole wheat flour if you’d like
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick salted butter 1/2 cup, melted
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup walnuts toasted if you’d like
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Melt butter. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Mix in butter, both sugars, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined – do not over mix.
Fold in half the walnuts.
Spoon batter evenly into 12 greased or paper lined muffin cups.
Sprinkle remainder of walnuts over top of muffins.
Bake for about 22 – 26 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Let muffins rest in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.